Infection Control & Covid-19 Preventive Measures
Dear patients and family members,
Infection control is a vital part of a dental office’s daily operational process, and at Serene Dental we take it very seriously - EVERY SINGLE DAY.
Our daily infection control process includes:
- Strict sterilization protocols
- Hand hygiene before and after all patient contact
- The use of personal protective equipment, which may include gloves, impermeable gowns, plastic aprons, masks, face shields, and eye protection
- The safe use and disposal of sharps
- The use of the aseptic “no-touch” technique for all invasive procedures, including appropriate use of skin disinfectants
- Reprocessing of reusable instruments and equipment
- Routine environmental cleaning
- Waste management
- Respiratory hygiene and etiquette
- Appropriate handling of disposable linen and cloths
Considering the COVID-19 situation, we are taking extra precautions for the safety of our patients and the staff:
- We are screening patients for previous travel, as well as signs and symptoms of infection when they make appointments & update their medical histories. We are not giving an appointment to any patient who may have related symptoms.
- Having patients rinse with a 1% hydrogen peroxide or antibacterial solution before each appointment.
- Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting public areas frequently, including door handles, chairs, and bathrooms
- We ask patients to arrive on time for their appointments, rather than too early since that will minimize the amount of time they spend in the waiting room or reception area
- We have removed magazines, reading materials, toys and other objects that may be touched by others and which cannot be easily disinfected
Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. Be safe and take care of yourself.
- Serene Dental